- What sort of anesthetic agent would you use to perform a lameness examination and why?
(Typically we use lidocaine, mepivicaine, or bupivicaine as local anesthetics but in different situations.)
- How would you block out the entire foot?
- How would you block out the fetlock ? Give 2 options.
- How would you block the suspensory ligament?
- How would you evaluate a horse for bone spavin?
- How could you block the tibiotarsal joint? Give 2 options.
- There are 3 joint pouches in the stifle. Do you need to block all three separately? What about the 3 joints of the carpus? The hock?
- Are there any complications related to local anesthestic procedures?
- How long will the anesthetic last (eg if you want to do a different block, how long will you have to wait)?