- Think about your cultural background. What aspects of your background might increase tolerance of IPV? What aspects would reduce tolerance of IPV?
- What pressures do immigrant/refugee families face, and how might that increase risk of IPV?
- How might someone experience a feeling of loss of control, despite moving to a country with better safety and economic opportunities?
- What are some possible consequences for children exposed to IPV?
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- The Hotline maintains lists of resources for survivors, perpetrators, and friends. They have screening tests if you are worried you might be experiencing IPV, and tips for safety at every stage. They also maintain stories from survivors. They have a 24/7 chatline available for support.
VAWnet (Online network provided by the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence)
- This site maintains resources relating to women, children, and immigration.