After reading this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the communication process.
- Compare and contrast different types of communication.
- Compare and contrast different communication channels.
- Understand and learn to overcome barriers to effective communication.
- Understand the role listening plays in communication.
- Learn how ethics can play a role in how messages are communicated as well as how they are perceived.
- Learn how verbal and nonverbal communication can carry different meanings among cultures.
This is a derivative of Organizational Behavior by a publisher who has requested that they and the original author not receive attribution, which was originally released and is used under CC BY-NC-SA. This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons [license_name] License.