After reading this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the meaning of power.
- Recognize the positive and negative aspects of power and influence.
- Recognize the sources of power.
- Understand and recognize influence tactics and impression management.
- Learn the definition of a social network and how to analyze your own network.
- Understand the antecedents and consequences of organizational politics.
- Understand how ethics affect power.
- Understand cross-cultural influences on power use.
If you are interested in learning more about Steve Jobs as he describes pivotal moments in his life, view Steve Jobs’s commencement speech at Stanford in 2005, available at the following Web site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc
This is a derivative of Organizational Behavior by a publisher who has requested that they and the original author not receive attribution, which was originally released and is used under CC BY-NC-SA. This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons [license_name] License.