Chapter 11: Technology Integration in the Practice of Family Professionals
- Digizen: http://www.digizen.org/. “Raises awareness and understanding of what digital citizenship is and encourages users of technology to be and become responsible DIGItal citiZENS”
- Commonsense Media’s digital citizenship: https://www.commonsense.org/education/digital-citizenship
Provides an incredible number of resources on teaching children through grade 12 on 8 elements of being responsible and safe and kind online. These are excellent skills to build in adults too!
- Center for Media Literacy: https://www.medialit.org/
- DigCit Doctors: https://www.edvolvelearning.com/digcitdoctors.html
- And the framework for digital citizenship: https://www.teachdigcit.com/uploads/8/5/7/6/8576959/edvolve.dc.curricularframework.pdf
- Mattson, K. (2021). Ethics in a Digital World. ISTE books: https://my.iste.org/s/store
Professional Practice Standards Related to Technology Integration
- American Psychological Association: Guidelines for the Practice of Telepsychology
- National Association of Social Workers: Standards for Technology and Social Work Practice
- International Society for Technology in Education: ISTE Educator Standards
- AAMFT: Tele-mental Health for practitioners
About Family LIfe Education
- Darling, C., Cassidy, D., & Ballard, S. (2022): Family Life Education: Working with Families across the Lifespan. Waveland Press.