- Every type of information contributor generates publications that can be of use to communicators.
- Identifying the type of publication (through analysis of intended audience, source of the publication, and other indicators) is important for evaluating the information you find.
- Depending on the information task, different publication types will be more appropriate than others.
After completing this lesson you will be able to:
- identify the type of publication based its characteristics.
- evaluate the best resource for locating articles based on the kind of information or the source of information needed.